2.15.2011

Valentine's Day in Review




I am home from a life-changing trip!
I am holding on to the details of Brave Girl's Camp
 like they are a precious gift. (which they 100% are)
Sharing the experience with you will take me time.
I am still trying to process it all
and recover some much needed sleep!

So in the meantime,
I would love to tell you about
Valentine's Day.

Every year since the kids have been little,
I kicked off Valentine's Day
with a Chocolate Breakfast.
Yes, you are reading the text correctly...

CHOCOLATE BREAKFAST!
Mmm mmm good!

This year's menu:
  • Chocolate Fountain for dipping bananas, strawberries, and marshmallows in
  • A mini chocolate cake
  • Chocolate chip waffles or pancakes
  • Suzy Q's
  • and cookies
My Valentine's Day started in the toilet.
I heard "Good Morning", then in the next sentence.
"Your dog left you a present in the hallway".
(this is not a box from my favorite blue box store...
this is exactly what you think it is!)

Wahhhhh!  Valentine's Day Stinks!
So over-rated!

Just like anything in life-
I had to clean up the hallway
then persevere with my day!

Downstairs I found roses...ahhh!
Good move darling husband...


Mail from my sweet friend Catherine!


She created this awesome card too!


Talent, talent, talent! 
I was so surprised and tickled!!!!

Dear husband surprised me with dinner plans.

Not typical on a Monday night and I must say
we really aren't big Valentine's Day Celebrators.
My birthday is too close to "Love Day".

I loved that he wouldn't tell me where we were going!
So, I stuck with the basic black Chanel looking dress and
the pearl necklace. 
Simple elegance as I like to call it.

We passed the city, and just like I though drove to The Plaza.
He turned sooner than I thought
and parked at Cafe Trio.
I had never been there.

I felt giddy for a minute when we walked in.
The place was plastered with Valentine's Decor.
Feathery lanterns, hearts hanging everywhere, and a balloon arch...
It was a cross between prom decor and the movie set for Valentine's Day.

























I had to take a photo with my camera
because no one would believe it without proof.
Of course, they had a special Valentine's Menu.
The food was fantastic....
even a glass of champagne came with dessert.
























I don't like champagne...the bubbles tickle
and it doesn't taste good at all with chocolate.
Hubby isn't a champagne drinker either...
oh, well.

It was a fun night...

On a love note, I forgot to tell you
that my Valentine mailbox is in the
February Hobby Lobby Magazine ($1.99)
























































BOO-YA!
Totally tickled pink!
I am leaving you today
with a few photos
 from my entryway.
























The amazing box is by Lesa Dailey!

It is time to put away the Valentine's Day Treats
and think Spring!

Let's Talk tomorrow!


6 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! Looks like you had a beautiful Valentine's Day. I love the photos. TFS!

Sheila Rumney said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I can't wait to hear all about Brave Girl Camp. So hoping we can get together... missing you.

sweet dreams said...

HAPPY LOVING DAY!

Leah C said...

Welcome back!! And it sounds like you had one super sweet Valentine's Day:) I was in Hobby Lobby the other day, flipping through that very magazine, and I saw you're cute lil' mailbox...so cool!

Catherine said...

yeah, glad they arrived safe and sound, I hope I sent the flowers that you needed!! Happy belated VD! :-) Hope you'll share about your experience at Brave Girl!

Unknown said...

Now that's the way to celebrate V Day :) You look awesome girl! Sandy xox