9.08.2010

Curious Time-

I was singing the blues-
(my Dad was very ill and my dear husband was in China)
I needed a break from my sad thoughts- so the kids and I headed to

 It was just what the doctor ordered-
(click the link and see more photos of her amazing store)

As soon as I walked in the door, I was greeted by one of my favorite artist
Lesa Dailey
She has made many wonderful things for my home. 

Meet my new favorite  Halloween piece-
a hand-made Halloween doll
Lesa has made every piece of this doll. 
I love all the details:  the tiny shoes, the black bird, the "H" on the collar
Sigh!  So much amazing talent!!



If you are interested in Lesa's work, you can contact her here:

Okay, back to Curious Sofa!
Can you believe I got to the store with my cell phone and no other camera?

What was I thinking-
Sorry for the poor quality of photos...

As you entered the store, the chandeliers were draped and wrapped in gauze. 
The black candles were such a nice touch and contrast.
Deb's blog said she was inspired by Amadeus when she created her Halloween Masquerade.

My mouth dropped when I step into the door.....



For those of you who know me well-
I am terrified of doll parts.
Look how Debbie put these on black dole rods and arranged them into a cement pot.
Clever and frightening!

This last photo is a picture of Debbie Dusenberry (the owner of Curious Sofa) and me at Mary Englebreit's event. 
We are holding our creations that we made in class with Wendy Addison.

I was star-struck to meet Debbie.
She is a home-town talent!

 Visit her website

 She has just opened an online store!

Hugs-

3 comments:

Curious Sofa said...

Oh my! Your pictures of the shop are better than mine!!! Lesa rocks and SOLD OUT in an hour!
Thanks for the post.

Leah C said...

That doll is quite a doll:) Sounds like a fun event for you!

Unknown said...

You're so lucky to be able to visit that awesome store! I just love the primitive look of Lesa's doll!!
Sandy