10.31.2009

Paper "Bella" Dolls

Oh, I was struggling to get these girls dressed.

When I signed up for the Silverbella swap this summer, I immediately ordered
The Marie Antoinette Paper Dolls book by Tom Tierney.
Then, I had this hair-brained idea to make a shadowbox in the
Queen of France's fashionable gown.
How in the world was I going to accomplish this?
Jewelry boxes.... they would hold the mini collage I was dreaming of!


Poor girls needed some clothes. It was a cold, October day in the Midwest.
The wind was howling and pumpkins where blowing off the porches.
I just couldn't create fast enough....
Now, that is what I am talking about!!!!
A closer look will show you Marie has fake hair. It was actually a Santa beard. She is bedazzled with feathers and jewels. We all know what a fashionista Marie Antoinette was in the 1700's.
She sent you a message:
"Wherever you are, is the entry point"

So, in other words. Start where you are at and don't get frustrated because you wish you were somewhere else or at a different place in your life. Start where you are at....and enjoy the view.
I am participating in a paper doll swap at Silverbella.
It is being hosted by Elizabeth Shea.
Here is her blog and you may even see a sweet paper doll made by her.
I hope your Halloween night is Spooktacular!!!!!
Off to work on the next swap....candy, sweet charm...hmmmm

6 comments:

Wanda said...

Those are over the top fabulous, Kara!!! You have done it again...your art never ceases to amaze me. See youin a few weeks. :)

Sheila Rumney said...

Absolutely gorgeous! So much detail and beauty!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kara, I have drool all over my keyboard ;)

Lora Oliver said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous!

Leah C said...

Oh so lovely! What wonderful detail:)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've enjoyed seeing the paper dolls people have been posting. Its making me wish I'd joined the swap!