12.01.2007

On the first day of Christmas....


On the first day of inspiration I bring to you a Santa's house. It is not located at the North Pole, but at the 2 Scrappy Sister's Store http://www.scrappysistersks.com/. The house was created from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Collection Little Folding House. It is a blank chipboard house with lots of little pieces to decorate with. It unfolds to reveal pictures inside it...like a mini album. You will have to visit 2 Scrappy Sister's to peek in the windows. I lite the inside of the house with a battery-operated candle. It just glows...resting upon a wooden candlestick holder. I found the snowman, the peppermint candies, and the mini wreath at Hobby Lobby. I used Snow-Tex with glitter sprinkled in it on the roof line. The chimney is a wooden block painted white with glitter dropped in it. The door opens with a vintage Santa inside. The door handle is a mini jingle bell. The little snowman on the side of the house is made from chipboard circles included in the kit. His arms are black wire twisted together. I hope this might inspire you to create a little house of your own. The 2 Scrappy Sister's may have chipboard houses still available at their store. Call them at 913-788-CROP. For more inspiration, visit my friend Vicki's blog...she is a designer for Crafty Secrets and has some fantastic houses on her blog.http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/

See you tomorrow.













On another note, Hayden had the luckiest day yesterday....

She was chosen in her class to read her DARE speech at Graduation and my girlfriend called me at 6:30 last night with free tickets to High School Musical on Ice. We hurried home and hit the Sprint Center last night. Just the 2 of us...it was such a treat. Kara











4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE this little house!!! Sooo adorable!! You MADE me go on a hunt on-l;ine for these chip board houses!! Are you guys carrying the houses at the Sisters shop?? I might have to bust out the GPS next week!!

FABULOUS JOB!!!!!!

Katie Lyn said...

Kara,

You have outdone yourself with that beautiful house!

I so appreciate how you source out your supplies for us! I've got a ton of projects to finish, but it's always inspiring to add something to my wish list!

How was the High School Musical on Ice??

Oh, wouldn't it be just too much to have tickets to the HSMusical on ice tonight and then turn around on Monday and go see Hannah Montana!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kara, this house is adorable! Can't wait to see the rest of your projects.
Cindy R.

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH KARA! C*U*T*E!!! This is just ADORABLE! LOVE IT!