7.16.2007

Report from the Rabbit's Hole...

It started in my Rabbit's Hole...aka my studio.

It was a mess. I had a path on the floor into the door, and that was it. I couldn't find my adhesive or 1 of my 10 pairs of scissors. I knew something had to be done. It was slowing me down and made me not even want to walk in the door.
Here was the view from my desk...I know very scary. Yes, that is school glue. I couldn't find anything else.



Oh, much better...I hung pieces of ribbon and trim to make a large memo board for a wall of inspiration. The beaded lights are from Target...a gift from Suzy Q. The "Dream" sign is a Wendy Addison creation. It is made with German Glitter glass that tarnishes with time. I have a weakness for little wire baskets. I put scissors, adhesive, and punches in them.


The ink holder came from Ranger inks....love it. I found it at a liquidation sale. My fancy-cut scissors came on that spinner from Sam's Club. I placed them on a cake stand to give me more desk room. I keep vinyl place mattes like the floral one to keep my work area clean.




Yes, I have an addiction to ribbon. I love the colors and patterns. So yummy. I hung these on a curtain rod. The smallest ones you can buy at Wal-Mart. I placed a couple of nails and the rest is history. I have kept my ribbon stored like this for several years. It works well for me.

More cake stands. Such fun organizers. My glitter is stored on a spice rack from Salvation Army. I painted it pink and sprinkled glitter on it.


Here's that crazy birdcage from Hobby Lobby. I put an antique pin cushion in it. Another memo board and a jar full of ribbon.
This is the tree branch that hangs over my studio. It is actually a rubber branch. I hung keys, jars, ornaments...any thing that lite my fancy on it. I found the branch at La-De-Da's in Parkville.
Melanie inspired me to put up some pegboard. Of course, I had to paint it pink. Suzy Q had hooks for me and the rest is history. It was a fantastic way to organize my Grand Adhesion's, rub-ons, Clearly Yours, etc. The dollhouse here...is the next story. Hold on.




I still need a sign that says "Studio". I have an idea of what I want it to look like...just lack the time at the moment. More Cake Stands on my dresser and jars and jars of buttons. The suit case is what I pack when I teach a class. It is a perfect organizer and I believe it only cost $3 from a thrift store.
I can create again...my studio is clean for NOW...or should I say until the next project.
Kara

2 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Great studio! I am jealous of the ribbon display, mine seems to always be in a jumbled mess, or else strung from one end of the room to the other by my puppy!

Patti said...

I don't know how I first stumbled upon your blog. Maybe it was searching for ideas in what to do in my own "studio." I love yours! And I just spray painted a tree branch gold so I can make one like yours to hang my crystal from. Very cool! :)