12.21.2009

Got Our Christmas Groove On...

The kids are groovin' to the Christmas beat. They are full of spirit awaiting the arrival of Santa. Hayden doesn't care who brings the presents along as she gets some. She has enter the teenage non-believer years! Friday, was her last day of school for awhile-- so, she had a slumber party. These girls have been friends since first grade. It is nice they are still so close! Sutton is ready to watch the Santa Tracker on the Internet. He says this year he is making Santa rice with butter. He is sure Santa is tired of all the carbs.


Here is a project I create awhile back for my dear friend, Meghan. She has a foundation for her deceased niece. Read more about all it here. I am proud of how she honors her niece and is fighting for a cure! It is my pleasure to be apart of her mission.
My necklace for the auction. Every time I look at it, I see things I need to fix. Ahhh......




I want to remind everyone to hold their love ones near. This weekend we lost a dear Kansas City soul, Diane Kelly. She passed unexpectedly. I must say I was so blessed to have crossed her path on earth. She touch every person she met and will be dearly missed. We just don't know how long we have and it is important to make each second count and to live out loud. Say a little prayer tonight for Diane's family. She has so many that have loved her deeply and will miss her this Christmas and each day forever.
Peace be with you!

6 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

I can't believe she is gone. She touched so many lives.

May you have a wonderful Christmas.

Leah C said...

I'm so very sorry to hear of your friend's passing; I will keep her family in my thoughts & prayers this Christmas. Wishing you peace & good tidings...

Unknown said...

((hugs)), Kara. I'm so sorry.

Diane Kelly said...

Thank you Kara for taking the time out of your day to come and be there for mom's funeral. She still talked about the time that we went up to NE for a road trip. That was one of the first times that she ever did anything like that. I like to think that maybe she caught the "Bug of FUN Friendships" that day. Thanks for your note and she will be loved and miss dearly, but how grateful I am that she was MY mom!!! -Jessica Kelly Swan

ScrapAddict said...

So sorry for your loss. I will put her family in my prayers. You are so right about keeping a focus on those that we care for. God Bless.

natalie said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. xoxo

P.S. love the necklace...gorgeous!