12.11.2008

A Hand-Made Holiday

This holiday season I seem to treasure my hand-made decorations more than the ones I thought I had to have from the store. This vintage Christmas Frame was made in a class taught by Carolyn Peeler. She had us stitching the photo matte, painting on the photo, sketching with charcoal pencils. It was completely out of my comfort zone. But, isn't that why we take classes? I believe the photo is of her Great Grandmother. I just adore it! You can visit Carolyn Peeler's blog at http://www.carolynpeeler.typepad.com/.


This Christmas picture was made by my mother. She always says she is not a scrapbooker. Whatever....
She cut out layers and layers of wrapping paper to make these miniature homes. The beds where made from gold spray painted pins and the jar was filled with beads. The lamps were toothpaste lids. I remember her making these. They didn't make pop-dots then, so she used glue that was like a gum to create the dimension. I love my little house.



10 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

What beautiful projects! wow! Your Mom's not a scrapper.....she's very talented.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I love what you did with your frame (a la Carolyn Peeler), nice soft feel

Your Mom's collage is Wonderful! And all of her details will be treasured for years :)

Lilli in Vancouver said...

P.S. Love the banner!

Sheila Rumney said...

What a wonderful class project! Love it!!

Unknown said...

OMG your mother made that? What a keepsake! Now I know where you inherited your wonderful talent!

Sandy xox

Christina said...

I love classes! It's always so fun doing something you wouldn't quite think of. I love the house your Mom made! That is awesome!

Loreluca said...

What a beautiful thing to cherish and pass on to your kids! Your mom is most certainly very talented!!!

Anonymous said...

Good golly your mother is a very creative lady! Tell her I love her work. What a lot of work went into the pieced house.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects!

carolyn peeler said...

Thanks so much for sharing my blogs with your readers! I'm glad that you enjoy displaying your shadow box. It is one of my favorite classes, so I'm glad to hear that it's still lovingly displayed in your home.

have a happy holiday!