3.19.2008

December in a Nutshell!

Okay, working full-time in December along with Christmas really threw me for a loop, but here is to catching up... Yippee!


#11 -Hand-made scarves. This was the idea of my friend Therese. We bought inexpensive scarves at Old Navy and used the Accu-cut machine to cut out the bird and the flourish from felt. A little sewing and beading and Ta-Da! Gifts for girlfriends. I get so tickled when I see my friends and they have their scarves on. We have had a blustery winter so hopeful it was a good gift.


#12 Paper created ornaments. These are so simple to make. I used Basic Grey paper and my Marvy Uchida scalloped punch. It took 21 circles that were creased with a triangle inside of them. A few embellishments, a little bit of ribbon, and the ornaments were ready to hang. By using different sized punches I made several sized ornaments.

Oh, let's not forget that great recipe for the ever-so- important Reindeer food. It is a holiday must have. chuckle chuckle


Next, we were off to Iowa in a blizzard. The south bound lanes on the interstate were shut down due to a horrible wreck, which included a life flight helicopter and 3 semis and 21 cars. The ice was freezing to our windshield so quickly that we couldn't clear it off. I was scared but we prevailed and drove out of the storm. And boy, were the kiddos happy to hit the Iowa State line.



Another special delivery came in December and I am not taking about Mr. Claus. This is Little Mister Garrett. He is absolutely perfect and belongs to my dear friend Na-na (as my children have always called her).




Here are a few projects in honor of Garrett. The layout has an actual train track on it from a toy set that I found at Deals ($1 shop). This is a scrap kit sold by K and Company.



Here is how it looked at the Winter CHA show...I didn't get a good picture of the packaging with Garrett on it. I am on the look out for the real thing.

Next post-January! Whoo-hoo!

No comments: